Friday, March 1, 2013

Back With my Birds

Now that our sculpture show is up and running, I am turning my attention back to photography. My
current project is a children’s book of bird photos for Pelican Publishing. I have been photographing birds in and around the New Orleans region for the past two years. The idea of the book is to show a wide variety of bird species doing interesting things, accompanied by short comments meant to appeal to children. My hope is to charm, entertain, and educate young children about bird habits and habitats. One thing I particularly enjoy about this project is getting out into fresh air and open spaces. I also feel a certain sense of kinship with the birds. I may be imagining things, but I have the impression they have gotten to know me and accept my presence.

Visit my website: sylvainesancton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment